NEP Group, the world’s leading outsourced technical production partner for premier content producers of live sports and entertainment, is gearing up for this year’s IBC Show, September 13th through 17th, at the RAI Convention Centre in Amsterdam. At IBC, NEP will exhibit in Hall 14, Stand H02, and be staffed with local team members representing their worldwide network. Staff will be on hand to discuss NEP’s full range of solutions and to show several of through interactive demonstrations and displays, including:
• NEP End-to-End Workflow – From capturing content as the action unfolds to helping clients enrich, manage and distribute content on any platform to the end user, NEP has a solution. See an example of NEP’s end-to-end workflow right within the stand, featuring NEP’s Augmented Reality capabilities, the NEP Live ActionCam, Live Ingest, Virtualized Editing and Mediabank, NEP’s cloud-based media asset management tool – all connected to NEP’s centralized production hub through its new iOB. Demos will be offered throughout each day. (NEP Stand, Hall 14, H02)
• Mediabank Media Asset Management – Mediabank is NEP’s cloud-based platform and “tool kit” allowing clients to access their media files from anywhere, anytime. Featuring an intuitive interface and designed to handle broadcast-quality video files, Mediabank allows users to search, process and distribute any item in their media library using their favorite browser on a computer, tablet or phone. Mediabank also facilitates the review and approval workflow in post-production. (NEP Stand, Hall 14, H02)
• Creative Technology Venue VR “Tour” – Clients can get the inside view into the appearance of an event venue from a number of different broadcast viewpoints and scenarios, including studios, mixed zones, ﬁelds of play and more. The tool can also show various different stadium conﬁgurations including medal ceremonies, ﬁnal build-up and general heats. VR is an incredibly useful tool for providing a full-scale view of a stadium, giving a real-life feel for the broadcaster’s and attendee’s experience. Stop by the stand to make an appointment. (NEP Stand, Hall 14, H02).
In addition to demonstrations in the stand, NEP will showcase their capabilities throughout the venue:
• NEP iOB – NEP’s latest innovation, the iOB, works within NEP Europe’s Centralized Production Platform and will be used for the ﬁrst time during IBC. The NEP iOB developed by NEP The Netherlands technical team is a complete and comfortable mobile PCR for directors (and editors) that can be placed at almost every conceivable event location where there is connectivity. With a ﬁber-optic connection, the iOB is directly connected to one of NEP's data centers where all technology is centralized; all technology can then be controlled from the iOB. It is a mobile production control room with only remote controls for switching and other operating positions while the shading and audio is taken care from one of NEP's central control rooms. Check out the new iOB outside of the RAI Auditorium. (at the RAI, Behind Auditorium)
• NEP eSports AR Studio – Together with EVS, ESL and Lagardere in partnership with the IBC, NEP is supporting the IBC e-Sports Forum on Tuesday September 17th. The forum will include presentations and panel discussions on e-Sports in the auditorium from 9:30 AM to 12:45 PM, followed by a live e-Sports event from 14:00 onwards with the popular game "Counter-Strike". Two professional teams from the Electronic Sports League (ESL) will compete against each other, supported by NEP’s eSports AR studio near the auditorium and the NEP iOB to broadcast the action. (at the RAI, Near Auditorium)
• NEP UK Ceres with GV – NEP UK’s Ceres OB truck will be on display at the Grass Valley stand in Hall 9. NEP UK Ceres is an all-IP truck providing the level of flexibility and technical infrastructure that broadcast clients have come to expect in an era of ever-changing requirements. The heart of this IP infrastructure solution is supplied by Grass Valley, built around a COTS switch and based on open standards such as SMPTE-2110, guaranteeing interoperability and flexibility to meet specific client needs. Grass Valley’s Kahuna production switcher and its multi-format capabilities offers unlimited creative power irrespective of production format -- whether it’s HD or UHD, SDI or IP, HDR or SDR or hybrid environments. In combination, NEP UK’s Ceres with Grass Valley provides a proven IP solution that can support major events worldwide. See it in person at IBC! (Grass Valley Stand - Hall 9, A01)
• NEP AR at Zero Density – NEP The Netherlands’ talented technical artist Roel Bartstra will give AR demonstrations at the Zero Density stand several times a day featuring the Cube, 4K HDR rendering and DMX integration. (Zero Density Stand - Hall 7, C49)
Professionals and leading innovators from the media and entertainment meet at IBC to discuss and show the latest trends and developments. Stop by to hear and meet NEP experts at the show:
• On Sunday, September 15th, Peter Bruggink, Chief Technology Officer for NEP Europe, will discuss IP media infrastructure during the IP showcase.
• Lise Heidal, Managing Director of NEP Norway, will answer students’ and young professionals’ questions about working in the broadcast technology industry at the IBC Next Gen Hub Friday, September 13th at 15:00, located in Hall 5.
• NEP will host a Student Networking Event at the NEP stand on Saturday the 14th at 17:45 for students and young professionals interested in learning more about NEP and a career in the broadcast and live event industries. Register through IBC’s Next Gen Hub to attend (https://show.ibc.org/students).
For more details on NEP’s presence at the show and to meet the NEP team, visit NEP in Hall 14 at Stand H02 or visit our website at https://nepgroup.com/ibc.