Our history supporting the NFL goes back almost 35 years, starting with supporting coverage of Sunday Night Football in 1987. Even through a pandemic, and an anything-but-typical season, our teams around the U.S. brought their expertise, knowledge and exceptional solutions and facilities to support our clients. At least one of our U.S.-based teams were on site at each and every NFL game played. Here is a quick look at the support provided by our U.S. Broadcast and Specialty Capture teams by the numbers.
NEP US MOBILE UNITS TEAM
- Supported coverage of 155 regular season games for a total of about 61% of all of the 256 regular season NFL games played
- Supported coverage 7 post season games including The Super Bowl and ancillary programming for multiple clients
- Weekly, they were in compounds at an average of 9 venues with an average of 29 trailers around the country, in addition to working from 3 control rooms in our production hub facility in Washington, D.C.
- Weekly, we had an average of 39 technical experts working on location or in our D.C. production facility, including engineers, tech managers and comms specialists
- Our NFL support team back at the home office includes about 27 people on dedicated client account teams including people from Account Management, Operations, Scheduling, Fleet, Shop and Maintenance departments supporting these packages daily and ensuring that things run smoothly
- 4 sideline audio cart packages weekly
- 17 sideline talent packages with a variety of equipment including lights, audio and RF monitors weekly
- 10 transmission fiber/fiber transport packages weekly
- 8 ENG support packages weekly
- 10 monitor packages weekly
- A myriad of other equipment packages including RF, lenses, PA systems, super slo-mo packages, microphones and more every week
- 16 Robotic booth cameras per week
- 4 Goal Post robotic systems per week
- 4 Sony 4800 4K robotic systems for goal line and sideline coverage per week
- 5 Sony 4500 servers for 4K zoom/pan and camera replay purposes per week
- 2 Atom One Dreamchip camera per week
- Various additional specialty equipment for post-season coverage
NEP INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS
- Upgraded, tested and certified the sideline technology cart developed in-house and deployed at every single NFL stadium – each cart includes a coach-to-coach communications system, a coach to player communications systems and a medical review system
- A Tech on site each week at every NFL game supporting NFL technology
- AVS has been providing RF camera and aerial solutions for the NFL since 2005 and has been the vendor of choice for broadcasters for regular season, post-season and the Super Bowl
- 5 RF cameras for game coverage each week.
- 6 RF cameras for pre/post game coverage each week.
- RF talent monitors and camera PLs for 5 games every week.
- Aerial coverage for 8– 12 games during the season.
- Provided an average of 8 Pylon Camera Systems (each using 4 cameras) every week
- Provided 1 audio cart that included 5 Blue Steel mics and 7 Mic 1500 bodypacks for parab EFX every week